If you build it, they will come.
Despite what movies tell you, this statement is mostly false. Once you build an amazing brand, they don’t just show up. You have to bring them there.
Here in Minneapolis, I was never a huge baseball fan – until Target Field replaced the Metrodome. Target Field is a gorgeous space where I will happily have a hot dog and a beer while watching baseball. The Metrodome was shabby…not someplace I wanted to spend my time or money.
If you build it, will they come?
Not really. It helps to build a Target Field, because it’s awesome and beautiful – but Target Field worked hard to fill the seats.
I went to Target Field because I got a great flyer in the mail. I saw it on my social media. I saw ads on TV. My friends were going to games. I have a relationship with somebody who has box seats.
Ready to upgrade your Metrodome? Here’s how:
- Build a Target Field for your business: an awesome brand, website and business plan.
- Create word-of-mouth by hitting it out of the ballpark, again and again.
- Target your ideal customers: send flyers, emails, connect on LinkedIn, Twitter. Whatever works best for you and your prospects!
- Network: strengthen relationships, stay connected, go to conferences, meet for coffee, immerse yourself in the industry.
- Surround yourself with the A team. This means the best coaches and agents out there!
- Keep getting better. Being great isn’t just about Spring training—it’s about training every day.
Target Field is your beautiful brand. But without a business plan, a marketing machine and ongoing training, the seats will be empty.
Need help showing off your amazing brand?
At CSM, we have an internal booking department where we market our talent. We stay in touch with top buyers via social media, ecards, postcards, and cold calls.
When we have multiple bookings in one day, it isn’t because of one particular marketing effort – it is because of all of them as a whole.
We can help you build your Target Field and fill up the seats. Schedule a free 15 minute brand-strategy session.