Greetings Voiceover Achievers! School is back in session and we’re here for it. Growing up as the daughter of a professor, I’ve always loved this time of year– heading back to school and getting excited about what I will learn next.
While I might not be in school anymore, my love for learning has not subsided. Even now, I’m always looking for ways to gain new skills or build my knowledge. I have a passion for life-long learning, and I think that’s something we share.
As voice actors, you are always learning and practicing new skills, polishing your technique, and working with new clients on a wide array of topics. In fact, a lot of your success depends on how teachable and coachable you are– so being open to learning is an amazing skill to have.
When you put in the effort, we can see the ways it improves your business and your life. We love celebrating your hard work and the way it pays off when you book more work and achieve the goals you have set for yourself. When you commit to learning and feeding your potential, you’ll be amazed at the things you can accomplish.
“The secret to lifelong success is lifelong learning.”
Living Your Brand + Lifelong Learning
Lifelong learning is part of our philosophy here at CSM, and it’s one of the reasons we bring in monthly speakers as a part of the Live Your Brand program. Learning from industry leaders helps us all expand our knowledge and helps you advance your VO career. Check out some of our wonderful recent speakers here:
- Sound&Fury’s Head of Casting, Tina Morasco
- Blizzard Entertainment’s Casting Director, Andrea Toyias
- Coast to Coast’s LA Talent Agent, Portia Scott
- CESD’s Animation Agent, Pat Brady
- Voiceover Coach, Dave Walsh
- “The Secret” expert, Bob Doyle
- SEO expert, Kerri Shannon
Want to learn from the best? Ready to discover your brand and join in on these discussions? Get in touch with me here.
What’s Your Learning Style?
Have you ever wondered what your learning style is? Knowledge is power. When you know how you learn, you can adapt your methods and set yourself up for success. There are four main learning styles, or ways of taking in and understanding new information: Visual, Auditory, Read/Write, and Kinaesthetic. Which way do you learn?
Take a free Quiz HERE to find out how you learn.
Looking for a course? Here are our favorite places to find new ideas:
- Section 4– Amazing and informative classes created by the brilliant mind of Scott Galloway, Professor of Marketing at NYU Stern specializing in Strategy and Brand Strategy Sprints. If you want to level up your business and get excited about entrepreneurship, I highly recommend it. Register here for a special rate!
- NYU Online Courses – Classes are offered online in every subject you can imagine. Learn something new on your own time.
- Harvard – Did someone say free Harvard classes online? We’re listening. Check out what the best school has to offer about a variety of subjects for free and on your own schedule.
- Masterclass – We know it, we love it. Masterclass is tried and true. Nothing like learning from the best of the best to improve your own craft.
Celia’s Branding Tip of the Month
Branding is an introspective endeavor, so use this back-to-learning season to discover more about YOU! I recommend starting with a fresh branding journal, where you can take inventory of all the ways you connect with people, the problems you can solve for them through your talent, and your WHY– why you love doing what you do and why you are the best person to do it. If you utilize a brand journal, you’ll be able to see a clear and concise brand story emerge from the pages.
Let’s Get Branding
We’d love to teach you how to discover and maintain an amazing brand that truly represents you. Our team is here for you, from branding gurus to digital media specialists and our robust casting department, we’re dedicated to helping you fulfill your dreams and maximize your potential.
Get started by Scheduling a free 15-minute consultation with me to start discovering your VO brand. Lastly, check out my book Voiceover Achiever to get inspiration and insight for your branding journey with my expert guidance and tried & true methodology. We can’t wait to work with you!